Junior College - +2 Vocational Course
- Aim of the Course
The main aim of the course is to divert a sizeable number of students from the University Arena and Provide them with the necessary useful skills for being self-employed. The students completing these Vocational courses will also be eligible to continue their higher education beyond 12th Class ie. in the B.A. & B.Com. degree course of the University. These students will be considered for F.Y.B.A./F.Y.B.Com. only if the seats are available after granting admission to H.S.C. Pass Students of this college (Arts/Com. Streams) and admission will be granted on a merit basis. It is hoped that the students successfully completing these new Vocational courses will be able to undergo apprenticeship training on a stipend in order to secure jobs. Technical group HSC pass out will get direct admission to 2nd-year Diploma Engg.
- Courses :
The students are allowed to offer the following Central Government-sponsored minimum competency-based +2 vocational courses.
Electronics Technology(25 seats)
Maintenance & Repairs of Electrical Domestic Appliances(25 seats)
Accountancy and Auditing(25 seats)
Office Management(25 seats)
- Course Content : STD.XI & STD.XII :
A student has to offer 7 papers carrying 100 marks and of 3 hours duration. The 7 papers are as follows :
(3) General Foundation Course.
(4) Environment Education and
(5),(6),(7) Vocational Papers I, II, and III including practicals.
Total 55 periods per week, each period being of 40 minutes, are assigned. Each paper of the vocational course carries 12 periods and each of the language papers carries 5 periods. Syllabi are prepared by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
- Examination: STD. XI & STD. XII :
Examination at the end of the First Year (XI Std.) will be conducted by the College. Examination at the end of the Second Year(XII Std.)will be conducted by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate showing marks obtained in each paper and practicals and the aggregate will be 600marks. These certificates, it is hoped, will enable the candidates to secure jobs or apprenticeship training.
- Admissions: Admission will be strictly on merit decided on the aggregate marks secured by the student at the S.S.C. Examination. The student will get all the facilities available to other students of Sathaye College(Junior College). The Students shall abide by all rules and regulations of Sathaye College (Junior College).
- College terms, Concession, Reservation of seats to B.C.Students etc. Same as for other students of Std.XI and Std. XII.