Women Development Cell
Following Professors will constitute the Women Development Cell for the Academic Year 2018-2019.
Dr. M.R. Rajwade - President
Smt. J.S. Gaikwad - Secretary
Shri C. V. Bagwe
Dr. S. P. Patil
Dr.(Smt.) V. V. Gawde
Smt. P. S. Kamble
Shri. A.L. Vartak
ACTIVITIES DURING THE YEAR 2015-16
- # 5 Volunteers participated in the Women Empowerment program organized by Hansraj B.Ed. College on 13th and 14th August, 2015.
- # On 21st August, 2015, Smt. Girija Gupte, Head Sociology Department delivered a lecture cum presentation on "Women's Problems and their Empowerment".
- # On 22nd August, 2015, Smt. Bharati Unni, Smt. Sunita Jeswani and Smt. Jayshree Gaikwad participated in a Leadership Seminar conducted at Ramkrishna Mission.
- # On 3rd September, 2015, Smt. Anupriya Sathe, programme manager of Population First Ladli devliered a lecture cum presentation on "Gender Sensitization" followed by an interactive session
- # On 26th November, 2015, Volunteers of Women Development Cell participated in the Rally organized by 'Anti Dowry Movement, Mumbai' Ashatai Kulkarni explained the objectives of the Anri Dowry Movement and need for the Rally. Shri Dilip Pethe (PTVA Trustee member) spoke on the evil of giving or accepting Dowry. Principal Dr. Smt. Kavita Rege administered the Anri Dowry Pledge to all the participants.
- # On 28th November, 2015, Volunteers participated in the Inter-Collegiate street play Competition organized by Anti Dowry Movement and won the second prize. The plays were judged by Shri. Pradeep Bhide and Shri. Avadut Paralkar.
- # On 7th December, 2015, an Iranian film 'Daireh' meaning 'Circle' was screened for the volunteers. This was followed by an interactive session between the volunteers and team of teachers Prof. Girija Gupte, Prof. Ketan Bhosale, Prof. Swati Netravalkar and Prof. Bharati Unni.
- # On 8th December, 2015, Smt. Ashatai Kulkarni, General Secretary of Anti Dowry Movement, Mumbai delivered a lecture on 'Dowry Act 1960' and various legal aspects related to Dowry.
- # During the UTSAV festival 2015, all issues related to Women and their Empowerment were displayed with the help of Posters, Rangoli, Paper cuttings and Slogans.
- # From 4th to 8th January, 2016, a workshop titled "Journey Towards Dignity" was organized for gender sensitization, by WDC in collaboration with PUKAR and 'Stree Bal Shakti, Mumbai'.