The Department of Accountancy was established in 1986. The department comes under the Faculty of Commerce. This department runs a programme for undergraduate students offering the Degree of “Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) specialised in Financial Accounting & Auditing”. This subject specialisation is most popular among the students and in University of Mumbai having over 230000 students. In our college, around 1600 students are registered for pursuing B.Com with specialisation in Financial Accounting & Auditing.
The department is constituted of One Professor and four Assistant Professors. Professor Dr. Sanjay D. Sonawane ( FCA, FCMA, LL.B, PhD) is the Head of the Department. He is also Practising Chartered Accountant for over 33 years and a Research guide for Ph.D students in the University of Mumbai and ShriJagdishprasad Jhabarmal Tibrewala University (JJTU). He is also a Member of the Board of Studies in Accountancy at the University of Mumbai. From our department, CA. Manoj Karlekar is also a Practising Chartered Accountant. Among the member staff in the department, One is Ph.D. and two staffs are pursuing Ph.D.Course.
- Department is very active to promote and encourage students for pursuing professional courses such as CA, ICWA, CS , CFA and post-graduate studies such as MBA, Masters’ Degree from B-schools from Universities in India and abroad.
- This department promotes students to take hands-on training in practical subjects and get well prepared for further studies after completion of the course.
About the Subject
The subject of Financial Accounting and Auditing is the most favourite choice of students of commerce faculty in Mumbai University for Graduation studies.
I) The subject is interesting!
II) It has utility value in the jobs market !!
III) It is a scoring subject for a better Grade !!!
MUMBAI is a "CITY OF FINANCE"! The city needs a large number of good accountants, auditors, tax consultants, finance managers/Analysts. This is the reason, we offer Subjects such as
1. Accountancy & Financial Management
2. Financial Accounting
3. Management Accounting
4. Cost Accounting
6. Direct taxes ( Income Tax )
7. Indirect taxes ( Goods & Services Tax-GST)