The Department was established on 20th June 1959
The Faculty of the department is keenly interested to promote the interest in English Language and Literature among students.
Therefore department is taking interest in organizing workshops, seminars, and conferences on different literary and linguistic themes.
The department has an Association with the name 'English Literary Association' under which the various competitions and activities for students are planned and organized.
About the Subject
1. Communication Skills in English (Compulsory)
2. English-I- Introduction to Literature (Optional)
1. Mass Communication
2. English II - Indian Literature
3. English III - American Literature
1. Elizabethan and Restoration Period
2. Literary Criticism
3. Literature and Gender
4. Popular Culture
5. Romantic Revival and Victorian Age
6. 20th Century British Literature