Sathaye College NCC unit was started in 1975 and the Department of N.C.C. Studies was established in 2014. Along with the University of Mumbai, our Unit is Associated with 3 Maharashtra Battalion NCC and 8 Maharashtra Girls Battalion NCC, Mumbai A. Following are the Associate NCC Officers who served the Units:
- Maj.J.B.Karnik -Boys unit (1975-1994)
- Capt. G.D.Giri - Boys unit ( 1994-2010)
- Capt. Sunita Chauhan - Girls unit (1990- 1998)
- Lt. Richa Joshi- Girls unit ( 2012- 2016)
Lt. Gaurang Rajwadkar has been commissioned in 2013 and appointed as Associate NCC Office and took charge of the Boys NCC Unit.
Lt Kasturi Medhekar has been commissioned in 2018 and appointed as a lady ANO and took the charge of Girls NCC Unit.
Also, there are many alumni of the NCC Unit who are commissioned as officers in defense used to attend college prepared to guide cadets and Students.
The department organizes various activities, events, and seminars that help cadets to become better equipped to take up careers in civil services, defense, paramilitary, police, and security forces further prompting increased demand by the students, augmenting recruitment standards of NCC.
About the Subject
- The introduction of ‘NCC Studies’ as an optional subject for the Foundation Course was started because apart from NCC regular Training syllabus, it has social relevance in the Indian milieu and has emphasized the overall development of personality.
- Subject's syllabus includes:-National Integration, Drill, adventure training, environmental awareness, personality development, leadership, and weapon training. Beneficiary the point to be noted here is that all the students will get an opportunity to select credits of their own choice thus making a humble beginning of the ‘choice-based credit system’ in its true sense the facility of ‘credit transfer’.
- Also to reinforce the aims, motto, vision & mission of the NCC through the academic curriculum.
- To instill and inculcate the core values of patriotism, commitment, just and impartial exercise of authority, effective contribution to community development and other social programs, healthy lifestyle practices, habits of restraint & self-awareness & empathy to the needs of socially disadvantaged fellow citizens and above all enduring respect for knowledge, wisdom & power of ideas among the youth.
- To train the students, to be graduates with all-round development, apart from their own subject, can successfully compete in other fields of career such as defense forces & civil services.
- The Department also allows students to join open NCC units like the navy and airforce, also gives guidance to ex-NCC cadets to join civil defense basic training sessions and disaster management skill training programs by various associations.
|FYBA/ FYBCom/ FYBSc|| |
Sem I/ Sem II
|SYBA/ SYBCom / SYBSc|| |
Sem III/ Sem IV
|Certification Course Of NCC|| |