- Doing Certificate Course in Archeology from the Centre of Extramural Studies, University of Mumbai
- Doing Certificate Course in Numismatics from the Centre of Extramural Studies, University of Mumbai.
- Doing Postgraduate Diploma in Museology from University of Mumbai
- Certificate Course in Indian Aesthetics from University of Mumbai.
Teaching Experience :
Worked as a lecturer of History at Vikas Junior College (Vikhroli, Mumbai) from 6th August to 13th September 1997.
Tought Indian, European, American and Asian history during the service on leave vacancy as lecturer of History at Sathaye (degree)College from 31st January to 17th February 2000 (Vile Parle, Mumbai) and has been teaching Indian and foreign history during the service as a full time permanent lecturer of History in the Sathaye (degree) college from 23rd July, 2007 up till now.
Has worked as temporary head of the Department Of History in the same college from 3rd November 2009 to 30th April 2010 and from 22 August 2013 till 21st February 2014 and a permanent head of the department of history in the same college from 10th September 2014 till date.Worked as a participant in M. A. syllabus formation committee in May 2016 and in February 2017 for History department of University Mumbai.
Post-graduate Teaching and Research Experience
- A recognized Postgraduate Teacher of The University of Mumbai in 2011
- Teaching, for 3 years Modern China, Modern Maharashtra and Indian National Movement to M.A. Part I and Research Methodology and Philosophy of History to M.A. PartII of University of Mumbai .
- Worked as an Internal Referee for M.A. History dissertations of S. N. D. T. women’s
University in May 2014.
Conducted in April 2014, online lectures on behalf of The S. N. D. T. women’s University for
its distance education M. A. Part I students for the papers” Historiography: Methods and
Approaches (108002)” and “History of Ideas”.
Taught as a visiting faculty, the paper on History of Science, technology and Medicine to
M.A. part 1 regular students of the S. N. D. T. Woman’s university in 2014.
Set and translated question paper for Women’s History M.A. Part I, Mumbai University for
the examinations held in April 2013, November 2013 and April 2014 and set question papers
for Environmental History, M. A. part II History Mumbai university in April 2014. Taught History to B. M. M. course at M. L. Dahanukar college Vileparle Mumbai from July to September 2014.
- In 2015 Prepared notes in English for the M. A. part 2 paper “Public Health” for Distance Education of the S. N. D. T. womens University of Mumbai.
- Set and translated question paper for Women’s History M.A. Part I, Mumbai University for the examinations held in April 2013, November 2013 and April 2014 and set question papers for Environmental History, Mumbai university in April 2014.
- Tought the paper on History of Science, technology and Medicine to M. A. part 1 regular students of the S. N. D. T. Woman’s university in 2014.
- Conducted in April 2014, online lectures on behalf of The S. N. D. T. womens University for it’s distance education M. A. Part I students for the papers” Historiography: Methods and Approaches (108002)” and “History of Ideas”.
- Worked as an Internal Referee for M.A. History dissertations of S. N. D. T. womens University in May 2014.
- Taught to S. N. D. T. Women’s University (Distance Education), the paper “Research Methodology in November 2014 and the papers on public Health, Feminist Historiography, Medieval India, cultural and Economic History in February 2016.
Tought Indian and European history to the students preparing for public service examination, in the ideal classes Goregaon.
1) With the coaching from Alliance Francaise of Mumbai, I passed with distinction, the Commercial French Examination of Paris Chember of Commerce in 2001 and and obtained “good”in the Advanced Deploma of Alliance Francaise of Paris in 2003 and tought French in The Chate coaching class from May 1998to December 2001 and at home for ten years. Completed in 2014, French Language Teachers Training Course(online) launch by French Embasy in India.
2) Completed six courses in German from Maxmuller Bhavan, Mumbai in 2005.
3) Completed 3 years course of university of Mumbai in Arabic leading to Advanced Diploma in 1996.
4) Passed second level of Italian Chamber of Commerce in Italian in 2009.
5) the four level corrospendance course of Iran Culture House, New Delhi in Persian in 2002 and Passed, four level course of Iran Culture house in Persian, Mumbai in 2011.
6) Completed three years course of Bangbhasha Prachar Samiti in Bengali in 2011. Passed Madhyamik(4th level) standing 2nd all over India in 2011 and Praveshika (the 5th level )of Bengali language and literature course of Nikhil Bharat Banga Sahitya, standing third all over India in 2012
7) Completed Diploma of the University of Mumbai in Sindhi in 2014.
Pursuing diploma in Pali language and literature from Dharma University Certificate course and diploma in Prakrit Language and literature from Sommaya University
Contribution in College Activities.
Guided T. Y. B. A. students to write articles in the college journal “Parlite”.
2. Guided two students for preparing and reading a paper for a conference of culinary history
held at Sophia College on 23 rd January 2016.
3. Guided students to prepare and present research papers for Maharashtra History Congress on
28 th November 2015.
4. Guided two students for a mini research project sponsored by Sathaye college on “Lokmanya
Sevasangh: a Mirror of Social Life in Vile-Parle, 1923-2015”
- In 2010, S. Y. student, Mr. Sandeep Dahisarkar, whom I coached to write and present a paper won the Raghuveer kaur Young Historian Trophy in the National Conference held by the Birla College Vashi.
- In order to promote Research among Undergraduate Students, I motivated students in 2009,to enroll for the research training course organized by the Father Heras institute, Mumbai.
- Co-ordinated with the Department of Political Science, for it’s programme on Kashmir.
- Guided 2 T. Y. B. A. History students Gandhar Pandit and Shweta Dicholkar on the topic “Lokamanya Sevasangh,a Case in Local History” for a mini research project concept launched by Sathaye college for it’s students.
- Guided Shweta Dicholkar to present a paper on the same topic in Maharashtra Itihas Parishad, on 28 November 2015.
- A Certificate Course in the Modi script was started on 2 January 2016. I am the convener of this course.
- Guided T.y. B. A. History students Gandhar Pandit, Sayli Sakpal, Nitish Devdhar and Shveta Dicholkar to present a paper on “Changing Maharashtrian Food Habits” held at Sophaya College on 23 January 2016
- Biography of Prof.B. P. Modak, titled Prof. Balaji Prabhakar Modak, a forgotten Science Propagator, based on my M.Phil dissertation on the same subject has been accepted for publication by the National Book Trust of India.
Fine Arts known
- Passed Madhyama Poorna and appearing for Visharad Pratham )5thlevel)of Gandharva Mahavidyalaya)Miraj, Maharashtra) in Hindustani Classical music, Vocal in 2014.
- Passed Prarambhik (first examination) of Gandharva Mahavidyalaya in Katthak in 2013.
- Community Work
- Taught gratuitously to the students of an orphanage in Vile-parle.