Smt. Sukruta Pethe
She completed her MSc in Physics from Department of Physics, University of Pune ion 1997.
She NET qualified and also did her B.Ed from Pune University in 1998.
She is working in the Department of Physics since 2002. Following courses are conducted by her for SYBSc and TYBSc Physics classes: Mechanics, Optics, Theory of Errors, Electrodynamics and Special Theory of Relativity courses.
She has Participated in a workshop Organized by the BOS in Physics of the University of Mumbai for FYBSc, SYBSc Physics syllabus in 2009, 2014, 2015, 2017.
Participation in Faculty Development Programmes:
* Participated in Workshop in Research Methodology in Basic and Applied Sciences organised by ASC Mumbai of University from 12/03/2013 to 13/03/2013.
* Level I and II workshops on RBPT (Research Based Pedagogical Tool) organized by IISER, Pune in association with MHRD, British Council and Newton-Bhabha fund and DBT, Ministry of Science and Technology in Raipur in October 2017 and in Pune in January2018 respectively.
* Worked in the organising committee of UGC sponsored State Level Seminar on “Current Trends in Astronomy” organised by Sathaye College on16th and 17th November 2009
* Attended a blended mode workshop organised by Teaching Learning Centre (ICT) at IIT Bombay funded by PMMMNMIT, MHRD, Govt. of India, on Moodle Learning Management System held at D. J. Sanghavi College of Engineering, Vile Parle Mumbai on 25th March 2019
- * Participated in the course on Basics of Special Theory of Relativity organised by IIT, Kanpur and conducted by Prof. H. C. Verma, Retired, Department of Physics, IIT, Kanpurfrom 18th December 2018 to 8th March 2019.
- * Attended Faculty Development Programme in Family Managed Business organized by AIFMB and SRK Diamonds, Surat at Surat in January 2020.
- Successfully completed two weeks Faculty Development Programme organised by PMMMNMIT, MHRD in Advanced Concepts for Developing MOOCS from 2nd July to 17th July 2020.
- * Participated in the National Webinar on Physics Education Post Covid Era organized by Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT) on 21st and 22nd July 2020.
- * Participated in E-summit20 organized by Entrepreneurship Cell, IIT Bombay on 1st and 2nd February 2020.
- Participated in two days E-workshop on Copyrights for Academicians organised by PTVAIM’s Centre of Entrepreneurship and Innovation from 20th and 21st October 2020.
- * Participated in three days Basic Entrepreneurship Development Programme organised by PTVAIM’s Centre of Entrepreneurship and Innovation from 4th to 6th February 2020.
Contribution in College Administration
- * Duty assigned at departmental level: T. Y. B.Sc. Practical In-Charge since 2010-11
- * Duties assigned for extra-curriculum activities:
- * Start-up Co-ordinator in PTVA’s Institutional Innovation Centre (IIC) since 2019.
- * Member of Examination Committee since 2020.
- * Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) In-Charge since 2020.
- * Music Association In-Charge from 2009 to 2019
- * Member of following committees:
- Gymkhana Committee from 2009 to 2017, Science Association from 2004 to 2012, Result Finalization Committee from 2004 to 2012, Admission Committee from 2004 till date, Discipline Committee from 2013 to 2019, Library Committee in 2013, Research Committee since 2015, College Web-Site Development Committee in 2016, 2017, Prize Distribution Committee from 2012 to 2019, Independence Day Celebration Committee since 2011, Quest Lecture Series Committee from 2017 to 2018, N.S.S. Advisory Committee in 2017, College Magazine Committee in 2019 and 2022, NAAC Preparation Committee for Criteria III, Research Consultancy and Extension in 2017, for Criteria II in 2018,2019,2020, for Criteria VII in 2021, Zero Waste Programme Committee since 2021,
- * Worked as B.Sc. I.T. In-Charge from October 2002 to May 2006.
- * Departmental library is monitored and maintained voluntarily to encourage students to read. Students borrow books from departmental library without fixed time constraint since 2010.
- * Efforts have been taken to arrange lectures by Resource Persons from other colleges on various topics.
Recently arranged lectures:
- Lecture by Prof. Mahesh Shetty from Physics Department Wilson College on “Physics in day to day life and Newton’s Laws of Motion”. The session was followed by workshop on Problem Solving Techniques.
- Lecture by Prof. Nitin Potdar, Mathematics Department, Ruia College, on “Importance of Mathematics in Physics” which followed by question answer session.
- Lecture by Dr. Vinayak Kamble, Associate Professor, IISER, Thiruvananthapuram on topic “Career Opportunities in Physics and Science” on 24th March 2021 on Google Meet Platform.
- * An activity namely Café Weekly is been started from 2005 to 2009 in which an interesting physics related phenomena in day to day life and their explanation is displayed on a special notice board dedicated for this. It is located in front of our TY Physics Laboratory, so all the students coming to any of our Physics Laboratories can easily read that.
- * Efforts have been taken to edit and display the information about Physicists and Institutes on the walls of F.Y./ S.Y. and T.Y. Laboratories to encourage students and motivate them to pursue their higher studies in Physics.
- * Bridge Sessions for S.Y. passed out students is conducted in the month of April after their semester IV examination. In this informal session, students are encouraged to read reference books, think independently and have group discussions on some concepts. They are given hands on using different instruments and helped to developed skills of using different instruments and equipments in years 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2022
- * Organized a special session namely “Interaction with Past Students” in which Ex-students shared their experience with current students online on 24th March 2021 on online platform.
- * Initiative in establishing MOU with Asian Institute of Family Managed Business for Online FMB course for student in year 2020-21.
- * Initiative in starting Entrepreneurship Development Cell and related activities in the college from 2020-21.
- * Actively involved in Environment Related Issues and efforts taken for Clean College initiative in our College.
- *Initiative in organizing E-Waste drives every year.
- * Initiative in starting Composting of wet-waste from Canteen
Awards and Recognition:
- * Delivered a public lecture in prestigious “Marathi Vidnyan Vyakhyanmala” on subject “Chaos, Fractals and Synchronization” on 5thOctober 2018 organised by a well-known Organisation in Vile Parle East namely Tilak Mandir. It is an initiative by its Library namely Phatak Granthalaya.
- * Worked as a Resource Person for Regional (RBPT) workshop organized by IISER, Pune in Cooch Behar, West Bengal from 18th to 20thSeptember 2019.
- * Won First Prize of Rs. 10000/- in Faculty Segment of Wings2Vision 2021 – A Training Based Business Plan Competition organised by PTVAIM’s Centre of Entrepreneurship and Innovation on 28th February 2021.
Contribution to the society:
* She has taken initiative in launching “Zero Garbage Project” in my residential complex namely Vijaynagar Society located in Andheri East. The colony consists of 515 members with more than 2000 residents. With consistent efforts the project is sustained and got acceptance from all residents of the society. In December 2016, Vijaynagar Society received Mega Gold Award in ICICI Swachh Society Competition, at the hands of Honorable Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Mr. DevendraPhadanvisand Mrs. ChandaKochher, MD, ICICI form amongst the 7000 plus residential societies from Brihan Mumbai, KalyanDombiwali, Thane, Navi Mumbai. Being one of the leading volunteers, I got an opportunity to attend the prize distribution function to receive the award. The prize consists of a Gold Trophy and Rs. 15 Lakh.
* She along with her team mates visit different societies in Mumbai to spread awareness about Cleanliness and promote the need of Zero Garbage Projects voluntary. She has delivered lectures about zero garbage project in more than 60 societies and in more than ten Colleges and school.
* She has attended and explained Zero Garbage Project to more than 2500 visitors coming from different locations across Mumbai and outside Mumbai to see their zero garbage project in her housing Society
* She is a Volunteer for Swachh Parle Abhiyaan since 2016.
Research Project :
Research ProjectPreparation and testing of MCQ bank based on some Physics topics from undergraduate Physics course of University of Mumbai.
Principal Investigator :Dr. M. R. Rajwade
Co Investigator :Sukruta Pethe
Period :09/06/2012 - 30/04/2013
Research Papers Presented :
Research Papers PresentedInvestigation of Free standing Polyaniline- Polyvinyl Alcohol Composite Film for Fabrication of Room Temperature Operative Ammonia Sensor
Co Author :Dr. Y. V. Gulwadi, Dr. S. V. Panse, Dr. S. P. Patil, J. B. Bhadane, S. A. Pethe
Name of Conference :Fifth International Conference on Electroactive Polymers: Materials and Devices, 2012
Name of Organizers :Department of Physics, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi